Friday, 3 October 2008

~ Cooking with Cuteness ~

Well this is getting posted far later than I had hoped... due to circumstances beyond my control I was unable to post at midnight like planned. However at least it's the right day ^^;;;


Plans for the week ~

meet Lawrence at the airport, or at least see him soon after he gets back from Argentina

cook cute bento!

get a better recording of RE 

WOOOOORK

perhaps exercise... lol. Well really I should.


What I actually achieved ~

Worked (more on that topic in a minute)

Recorded RE, Beth mixed it, and if you think you get to hear it you are so very wrong!!

Cute bento! (also more on that to come)


What I haven't done as of yet ~

Exercise... go figure

Met up with Lawrence. Not sure when his flight comes in :/



Anyway onto those topics I said I'd abriviate on... As for work I've been enrolled into a certificate class (meaning at the end of my course I'll have certificate II in retail) I'm pretty happy about this as my resume is otherwise devoid of qualifications. Even better is that my friend Jess is my study buddy person! Also  my pay rate will stay the same rather than dropping just because I'm a trainee.


Now for the fun part of this post!

おーべんと


This is my first real attempt at making a cute bento. It contains:

♥ Seasoned rice

♥ Carrots and green beans

♥ Onigri (rice ball)

♥ A shaped coloured egg with candy sprinkles


I wasn't too keen on the carrots and beans, but the seasoned rice and onigri were yummy! The egg was ok but I did a really poor job dying it... 


~Instructions~

Haru's Seasoned rice 
Make up as much sushi rice as necessary, let it cool slightly, add rice wine vinegar, chilli powder, garlic flakes, thin strips of nori and paper thin shreds of shitake mushrooms. Use as desired or just eat YUM!

You could add curry instead of chili if you prefered.


Shaped and Coloured Eggs
Hard boil an egg. When it has cooked immediately shell and press into a container the shape you want it to come out as. Apply even pressure to the opening and submerge in cold water for about 5-10 minutes. When the egg is completely cool fill a bowl with cold water and add food dye till you get the colour you want (Please don't over do this!! Food dye is more potent than one would first assume...) submerge the egg untill you get a cute coloured agg!


Onigri
I make mine by hand (because I don't have any proper shapers) but basically I wait till the rice is cool and the wine vinegar has been added then roll it up in my hands until it's firm then put it in the box... simple. As for decoration that's just shapes cut out of nori I put on. Neko Onigri!!




Todays lunch consists of my seasoned rice, freshly husked peas, lunch meat, jelly (jello) fresh berries and candy sprinkles 

I love sugar!!

I might make one tomorrow too since I have to work. So many ideas ^_^


♥  いただきます 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, those are really random bentos, but cute~!

Actually I'm surprised you didn't just fill your bento with a various assortment of colourful and interesting candies. ~O~

Yes, unfortunately RE didn't turn out well enough for the public. We'll have to try something different.

. . .some how I can't help but think the curry comment is directed at me. . .hmmm. . .

<3 <3 <3

Lil said...

that bento looks nice but i don't think i'd be able to try it. i might just stick to my chicken schnitzels and veggies for now. lol